Low Testosterone commonly known as Male Hypogonadism is a condition in which the body does not produce enough testosterone hormones. This hormone plays a vital role in masculine growth and development in males during puberty. Clinically low testosterone levels can lead to the absence of secondary sex characteristics, infertility, muscle wasting and several other abnormalities.
Some of the symptoms associated with a low level of Testosterone are:
- Difficulty in attaining the erection
- Loss of body hair
- Improper sleep pattern
- Poor stamina and muscle power
What is the treatment of Low Testosterone?
In modern medicine, the treatment is done with testosterone replacement therapy.
In Ayurveda, there is a specialized branch known as Vajikarana or Vrishya Chikitsa. It is one of the eight major specialties of the Ashtang Ayurveda. It is concerned with aphrodisiacs, virility and improving the health of progeny as well.A
In Ayurveda, the treatment of low testosterone is done in strict compliance with the direction mentioned in Ayurvedic classics.
Certain herbal and herbo-mineral combinations are administered as per the prakriti (nature) of the person.
According to Ayurvedic recommendations, the person below 17 years and more than 70 years of age should not consume Vajikarna preparations.
Some herbs that are useful in the treatment of Low Testosterone are:
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): Ashwagandha is a highly prized Ayurvedic herb in Ayurveda for significantly boosting the testosterone production in males.
- The roots of Ashwagandha plant are used for therapeutic purposes.
- It improves sexual health by increasing the sperm count, sperm motility and vigour and reduces stress as well.
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris): Gokshura is valued as one of the most beneficial herbs for boosting testosterone levels in males.
- This herb has the potential to augment testosterone production, increase the muscle mass and sperm count, promote libido and vitality in men.
- The roots, leaves and fruits are used for therapeutic purpose.
- Kapikacchu (Mucuna pruriens): The seeds of Kapikacchu are widely used for immense health benefits from aphrodisiac to neurological conditions.
- It balances all the three doshas and nourishing in nature.
- The seeds are especially natural aphrodisiac and balance Vata dosha.
- It increases libido and sexual virility, promotes sperm count and increases blood circulation to the genitals and decreases symptoms of strength and anxiety.
- Vidarikand (Pueraria tuberosa): Vidarikand is a perennial herb which is commonly known as Indian kudzu.
- The tuber of this plant is useful in improving the sperm count, libido and sexual vigour in males.
- Its tuber is nourishing and nutritious in nature which improves strength, improves sperm and semen quantity and quality by boosting the testosterone level.
The herbal products manufactured by Yamuna Pharmacy for the treatment of low testosterone contain the goodness of the above-mentioned herbs. These products are pure, safe, natural and free from any side effects.
Herbal Remedies by Yamuna Pharmacy for the treatment of Low Testosterone are:
- M. Forte Capsule: M.M. Forte Capsule prepared by Yamuna Pharmacy is the best remedy for boosting testosterone level in males and augmenting intimate sexual performance.
- It is a poly-herbal mineral compound of herbs and minerals that brings about normal functioning of the hormones and rejuvenates the reproductive organs as well.
- Regular use of these capsules helps in regaining youthfulness.
- It is prepared using the following herbs and minerals: Makardhwaj, Shuddha Hingul, Lavanga, Jaiphal, Javitri, Kulinjan, Khurasani ajwain, Harmal, Majuphal, Samudra sokh, Daalchini, Aqarqara, Kaunch beej etc.
Dose: Take 1-2 capsules twice a day.
- Gokshura Capsules (Tribulus terrestris): Yamuna Pharmacy’s Gokshura Capsules contain the pure extract of Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) herb.
- The phytochemicals present in Gokshura improves the levels of testosterone hormone in males and therefore improves the overall quality and quantity of sperms that might help in treating infertility problems in men.
- Gokshura capsules are also useful in the treating the infections of the genito-urinary system.
- Therefore, these capsules are quite beneficial in relieving the diseases of uro-genital system and also act as an aphrodisiac.
Dose: Take 1-2 capsules twice daily.
Diet and Lifestyle:
- Intake of cow milk and cow ghee in the diet is recommended.
- Include fruits such as bananas, pineapples and crucifer vegetables in the diet.
- Avoid the intake of sour, spicy and salty foods because these foods aggravate pitta dosha in the body.
- Include chywanprash, black grams, green grams in the diet.
- Get plenty of sleep and rest.
- Include yoga and pranayama in your lifestyle.
Testosterone levels can be managed successfully through Ayurveda with right herbal remedies and changes in diet and lifestyle.