Calcium is a vital mineral which our body uses for building bones and keeping them healthy and enables our blood to clot, our muscles to contract and our heart to beat.
About 99% of the calcium in our bodies is in our bones and teeth
Daily Calcium Requirements-
An adult requires about 1000 mg of calcium per day.
Sources of Calcium-
Milk and its products, seafood, green leafy vegetables, broccoli, figs, soy, legumes, oranges, sesame, almonds, okra, tofu are the good sources of calcium
Causes of Calcium Deficiency-
- Hormonal changes like the decline in estrogen hormone during menopause.
- Certain conditions like Hypoparathyroidism, Lactose intolerance and kidney diseases.
- Certain medications like corticosteroids, anticonvulsants, etc.
- More intake of sodium and proteins.
- Vitamin D and magnesium deficiency.
When we don’t get the calcium our body needs, it is taken from our bones. The deficit in the calcium deposits isn’t a problem that occurs instantly instead it is a pressure that builds up over a period of time. Similar to the withdrawal of cash from an ATM if regular checks aren’t provided to the account balance then it won’t be known until it’s completely gone.
Symptoms of Calcium Deficiency
While the warning signs of deficit start with an unexpected fracture of bone or loss of the tooth, the severe stages of the problem include:
- burning sensation around the mouth and fingers
- facial spasms
- seizures, and tremors
- Brittle bones, nails, and hair
- Scaly skin.
- Abnormal heart beats.
- Memory loss, depression, and hallucination.
- Abnormal sensation in hands and legs.
Ayurvedic management of calcium deficiency
Of all the treatments available, Ayurvedic medications are considered as the best remedial measures to uplift the depleting calcium levels in the body. The best part of Ayurvedic procedures is that they involve a balanced therapy of herbal medications right from the abode of Mother Nature.
The natural supplements strengthen the body from within, unlike the artificial ones that develop higher levels of calcium serum in the blood which holds the danger of developing calcification in the arteries and other body tissues
Below are some power herbs of Ayurveda that can help in recovering from the Calcium deficiency:
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis): Popular for its rejuvenating properties Amalaki is very rich in vitamin C and contains many minerals and vitamins like calcium, phosphorus, iron, carotene, and vitamin B complex. It is also a powerful antioxidant agent.
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) – also known as Giloya, is a universal herb that helps boost immunity level, maintaining homeostasis and preventing the diseases from causing any harm to the body.
- Ashwagandha?—?This herb reduces inflammation and pain in bones and gives relief from rheumatoid symptoms.
YAMUNA PHARMACY offers management of calcium deficiency disorders by calcium restoring formula of VIGOPROT powder
which possesses aforesaid herbs which are rich sources of calcium, and also comprises bio-derivatives prescribed and approved in Ayurveda which supply vitamin D in optimum dosage to metabolize calcium and make it available for body to utilize. When body gets usable dose of this vital mineral it grows bone tissue and keeps them healthy, denser and flexible. Healthier bones keep body’s posture strong and powerful.
- CORELL capsule and GULVALEX capsule by YAMUNA PHARMACY has KHATIKA and MAUQTIK SHUKTI
which supplement body with calcium, vitamin D, and also active principle which prevent toxins and other harmful agents from damaging tissues of bones and muscles. These also suppress harmful hormones and chemicals which hinder complete metabolism of calcium in body and its smooth